The following tip was shared by Gregg Murray of Website Blueprint
Reading blog posts and SEO tips is always helpful, but hearing an audio interview about the topic can be great reinforcement to follow up on your SEO strategies and concepts. I recently had the opportunity to spend nearly an hour interviewing SEO expert Craig Fifield about everything a newbie may want to know about getting started with SEO.
Craig delivered a ton of great insight in the interview especially for small businesses new to SEO. Here are just a few of the 25 questions we covered during the interview:
- What are some simple things you can do to achieve better search rankings?
- What is the difference between title tags and page titles?
- How important is home page content to SEO?
- How can a small business get inbound links to their web site?
- Where do the SEO experts keep informed about search engine optimization?
Craig’s insight on creating content was especially interesting. He said, “You want [optimize] while writing naturally. When I’m creating a page like that I do what a lot of writers call writing fast. I just pick the topic and then write up whatever I can think of as fast as I can. Then I go back and edit it quickly to make it more readable. And then I look at the optimization and ask myself, ‘Okay, now what can I do to get my keywords in here and still have this read like a human wrote it?’”
It’s a nice change of pace to be able to get SEO knowledge just by kicking back and listening. You can do just that with the new 51:34 in-depth SEO audio interview I did with Craig Fifield at Website Blueprint.
Latest posts by DST Contributor (see all)
- Survival Guide to Multilingual SEO - May 14, 2013
- Five Killer Link Bait Tips That Can Provide You With ‘Passive Marketing’ - May 11, 2013
- 5 US SEO Events to Visit to Spend a One Month Vacation with Purpose - May 9, 2013