*The following guest tip was provided by Warner Carter who provides Search Engine Placement Marketing services.*
SEO ultimately means driving traffic and making sales. What I like to call “Search Engine Placement Marketing” I will be implementing this in a few weeks for a new client that has a retail vitamin store and a website. He also has his own brand and this should get him some quick results.
You can go right to any of these sites and add your coupon free. Some of them have quite a lot of traffic. A coupon can be for a percentage discount, free shipping, a bonus if the buy one thing, buy one get one free, really, anything you can think of that will be an incentive for someone to visit and buy.
- http://www.retailmenot.com: Login and share coupon
- http://www.promotioncode.org: you can add store or code online. (All new stores manually approved)
- http://www.couponchief.com (yo can submit online, the site also is organized by tags)
- http://www.dealhunting.com (free to add coupon)
- http://www.vouchercodes.com (Click “new voucher codes” on menu then click share a code at bottom of page)
- http://www.ezcouponsearch.com (“submit coupon” button in top menu)
- http://www.couponcraze.com (free, but reviewed. “Submit an offer” on right column)
- http://www.naughtycodes.com (use “submit a code” button on left)
- http://www.tjoos.com (Free to list: click “Own A Store?”) They say they get 1,000,000 visitors a month. They offer a blog widget that pays comission.
While doing this I had a question about if I can submit coupons from affiliate programs and get my usual affiliate commission. That will have to be another post, I can see how that could have unintended consequences and formatting problems so will study it a bit more if I find time.
Picking a good category and using tags when you can will help you be found on the site. You could also use a link to the coupon in your social communications and emails since a coupon is more likely to be seen as you doing them a small favor than just pushing your stuff.
Note from Ann: Also check this old post of mine on finding customers and backlinks with coupon directories.
Latest posts by DST Contributor (see all)
- Survival Guide to Multilingual SEO - May 14, 2013
- Five Killer Link Bait Tips That Can Provide You With ‘Passive Marketing’ - May 11, 2013
- 5 US SEO Events to Visit to Spend a One Month Vacation with Purpose - May 9, 2013