Being into search engine optimization for over 7 years now, I came to realize that a very important part of that is writing and publishing articles. Everybody loves a helpful and useful article like a how to guide for example. If the articles you write and publish are helpful, then the readers will be pleased and click on your links for additional information.
This, however, only works if the articles are well written. Some of the people who are into SEO have other people write the articles for them so they don’t have to. However, if you have some free time and you don’t want to pay a lot of money to someone who will write the articles for you, you can write them yourself.
To do that successfully you will need some to know some of the basic things you need to do:
1. Research – If you are not completely familiar with the subject you are writing about or you are not sure about some part you should do a research. Keep in mind that your article will be read by a lot of people so any misleading information will be a bad mistake. Make sure everything you say is completely true and that will earn the trust of readers.
2. Spelling & Grammar – This is one of the most important things to consider when writing articles. It is very important that you double check your article after it is written and before you submit it. People don’t like reading articles full of mistakes. Make sure your sentences are complete, they end when they are supposed to, and you haven’t made any kind of mistakes before submitting.
3. Paragraphs – Make sure you use paragraphs the right way. Separate your article into paragraphs so it is easier to read. Use bullets, lists and bold or italic text when needed. That will make it a pleasure for other people to read your articles.
Also, writing is not all. Submitting your articles is also highly important. If you want to submit them to a certain blog as a guest post you should take into consideration a couple of things.
1. Style – Read some of the previous posts in the blog and make sure the style of your article is similar.
2. Audience – Check out some of the comments and get familiar with the people reading the blog. Get a sense of the atmosphere and try to write your articles that way. That will make your articles unique but at the same time make people feel like they know you and you are a part of the community. Try to blend in but stand out at the same time.
Articles can influence your ratings a lot and it is a big part of link building and respectively search engine optimization. Do not ignore articles since they can help you a lot when trying to achieve better results.
Despite the fact that some of the Google SEO experts (in Denmark, the people commonly refer to it as Google SEO eksperter) claim that article marketing is in the past, if you manage to deliver quality content and get listed in the best article directories, I can assure you that you will achieve great results.