Our previous reader-contributed list of best keyword research tools was really popular (thank you, our valued readers!). So this time I suggest starting another one and create a quality resource of (free) backlink checkers.
Again, let’s (try to) stick to the following rules in the comments:
- Only free tools please (or those that offer free trial);
- For paid tools: free trial terms;
- Each comment should contain a tool (please no “Thank-you” comments – just to make the list more usable);
- Please add a few words which features of the tool you use the most;
- If you have a link building tip to share, please submit it here.
And to start the list, here’s the first comment by our dear friend Chelsea Blacker:
Link building is challenging at best; rejection comes swiftly when you “cold call” websites begging for links. I’ve found researching competitors back links and approaching those sites with personalized emails is the best plan of attack.
While some back link tools require a subscription (and $$$) like SEO Moz’s Linkscape, there are plenty of free tools that lend you similar data about competitor’s back links. My favourite is SEO Book’s Link Harvester.
Now, your turn!
Latest posts by Ann Smarty (see all)
- What is the Current State with Directories? - April 29, 2013
- Get on Top of Google SERP by Optimizing for Local Search Results - February 9, 2013
- Get Tweets and Likes at Viral Content Buzz - October 12, 2012