Ok, I’ve promised to myself to stop writing about Twitter-stuff: the Internet is full of it already. But I stumble across so many Twitter apps, Twitter tips and Twitter tricks that I can’t help blogging about it. So while the world is going crazy about Twitter, we learn to drive benefit from that:
Participate in multiple Twitter-related projects and Twitter memes, example: HistoricalTweets.com is a fun site that “proves” it that Twitter has existed for ages by showing screen shots where famous people tweet (example: Lincoln Asks Twitter Followers for Speechwriting Help). The site also offers to submit a historical Tweet of your own and promises to link back to your site (why not try?).
Tip: to keep track of all those new Twitter-related projects, keep an eye on KillerStartUps Twitter tag.
Build links by creating Twitter backgrounds (reminds me of Myspace backrounds, then WordPress templates, and now… oh whatever, that’s always been effective anyway). To create a cool Twitter theme is just so easy that anyone can do it. Then, just go ahead and spread it (and get links in return):
- TwitterGallery: submit your theme and get an “author” link i return;
- TweetVibe: submit your theme and get a link to your Twitter profile;
- TwitterBacks: submit your theme and get a link to your Twitter profile;
- TwitBackgrounds: submit your theme and ask for an “author” link i return.
Search for more (I am sure, more and more Twitter galleries will pop up over time):
- [twitter backgrounds intitle:submit]
- [twitter backgrounds inurl:submit]
- [twitter themes intitle:submit]
More tips on building links by using buzz around Twitter? Share them in the comments!
Oh and by the way, follow us on Twitter to catch Daily SEO tip!