Content is the key of your website success. Why not leverage it to its full potential? Here’s one almost must-work idea: create a solid, well-formatted glossary of terms in your niche and add it to your site.
Here are two (very important) things a glossary can be helpful:
- It’s an awesome, highly-effective long-term link bait. The more time your glossary is live, the more “authority” it becomes. You will need to update it now and then but all in all, you create it once for a life time and it never gets old (unlike many other types of link bait).
- It’s a good way to generate additional (as a rule, highly targeted!) traffic from Google’s definitions search. People who use define: operator are most often serious into the topic, they are eager to learn, subscribe and link back. So as far as my experience goes, this is your loyal readers and “linkerati“.
Here are a couple of practical tips if you decided to follow the advice:
- Put a lot of time and effort into compiling the glossary. Like I said, you are going to create it only once, so make it a quality work.
- Use these tips on formatting your glossary to increase your chances to get ranked in definitions search (make sure to read the comments).
Latest posts by Ann Smarty (see all)
- What is the Current State with Directories? - April 29, 2013
- Get on Top of Google SERP by Optimizing for Local Search Results - February 9, 2013
- Get Tweets and Likes at Viral Content Buzz - October 12, 2012