News is a great way to build links and awareness. If you’ve got some interesting news related to your business to share, you can create a press release using paid services like PRweb or you can do it on cheap or even for free (note: the first option doesn’t actually substitute the latter one as you can do both or either of them depending on your money and time resources).
While how to that with PRweb is pretty clear (the service is popular and easy to use, I don’t think I can add much here), let’s discuss some ideas on how to do that for free.
1. Create a social media release: two cool free services allow you to issue a social-media-friendly release. They are both Google news friendly which means more exposure. They also allow free (direct and ‘dofollow’) backlinks from the release hosted on their domains. One is PitchEngine (I’ve mentioned on SEJ) and the other one is PressIt (which is quite new to me but looks not bad).
I can’t say I managed to achieve hundreds of links with the services but if well implemented a press release may attract some attention. By “well implemented” I mean good, news-worthy content and rich media (i.e. images, video, power point presentation, etc).
You can find similar sites in your niche by searching Google for relevant keywords combined with the following queries:
- inurl:submit press release;
- inurl:submit “press * release”;
- intitle:submit press release;
- inurl:submit inurl:news.
Any more ideas on distributing news for free? Please share them!
Latest posts by Ann Smarty (see all)
- What is the Current State with Directories? - April 29, 2013
- Get on Top of Google SERP by Optimizing for Local Search Results - February 9, 2013
- Get Tweets and Likes at Viral Content Buzz - October 12, 2012