There have been a lot of talk about weird suggestions people keep seeing in Google Suggest drop-down. Well, how we search bloggers can benefit from this is quite clear: write a post on one of the funky Google suggestions and get ranked in top 10 for the phrase!
Why is this a good idea:
- Google shows what other people search (so the phrase is likely to generate you some good Google referral traffic);
- The fact that Google is showing this suggestion means even more people will search it: many will click the weird phrase just out of curiosity.
Now want some case study?
One of my SU friends shared his post with me on “WTF is follow friday” (the post name is based on one of funny Google suggestions). Of course, I went ahead an checked Google and here it is:
- An easy way to get Google traffic;
- An easy link bait;
- A great way to get cool post ideas!
Latest posts by Ann Smarty (see all)
- What is the Current State with Directories? - April 29, 2013
- Get on Top of Google SERP by Optimizing for Local Search Results - February 9, 2013
- Get Tweets and Likes at Viral Content Buzz - October 12, 2012