Imagine the old days with the traditional yellow pages. Now imagine that you could add a photo, video or coupon to your traditional yellow pages ad. Now let’s take that one step further and imagine you could change your photos, videos or coupons in the traditional yellow pages…anytime you wanted! I think the traditional yellow page gods are turning over in their graves. Such preposterous imagination was unheard of back then.
Well, this is what your geo-listing (a.k.a. local business listing) is all about. It is the interactive yellow pages of today on the Internet. Your business can claim the listing and then be able to update it with a variety of marketing information for the local consumer to find through web searches or mobile searches.
Here are a few items that you can post to your geo-listings at various geo-listing websites (search engines, social communities, 411 websites, GPS websites and the old business directories).
- Photos – of your business, products and services
- Videos – your commercials, testimonials from local customers, product videos
- Coupons – update your coupons and discounts regularly. These coupons are also mobile coupons and appear on mobile devices too.
- Events – do you have any events or specials that you promote? Advertise them in your geo-listing.
One thing you need to remember. This is not a onetime process. Internet marketing is about a living, breathing entity that requires ongoing attention. Also, not to dissimilar to traditional advertising, putting one ad in one paper is not going to do the trick. You will need to engage this process with multiple geo-listing websites. While there is a top 10 list, there are over 60 websites provide geo-listing services.
The Internet has become a good marketing tool for the local business dependent upon the local consumer for their revenue through web searches and mobile searches. Tap into the power of geo-listings as you engage in geo-marketing!
This is a guest post by Melih Oztalay of SmartFinds that provides Local Business Listing Management Services. You will find SmartFinds Internet Marketing to be of great benefit to your time resources and the low cost service may eliminate your yellow page ad costs. Let the experts of over 15 years Internet marketing experience help you use this local business marketing tool properly.
Latest posts by Ann Smarty (see all)
- What is the Current State with Directories? - April 29, 2013
- Get on Top of Google SERP by Optimizing for Local Search Results - February 9, 2013
- Get Tweets and Likes at Viral Content Buzz - October 12, 2012