We all monitor our keyword positions no matter if we think they are important or not. Many SEOs claim they don’t believe in rankings, they believe in traffic and conversions – but I don’t know a single person who has a website and doesn’t care which keywords Google ranks them high for.
Today’s tool has been created for fun and as an experiment. I have been building tools this year to gain some experience (you can also check my previous tool that can be used to build the list of your competitors I have reviewed previously).
Today’s tool is also Google-based. TweetedRanks offers a fun and refreshing way to track your rankings: via Google Talk or Twitter.
Naturally (because it’s new, experimental and free), the functionality is rather basic: the more keywords you want to track, the fewer updates you receive per week. So I suggest using it for one or two main keywords you really care about (not long tail).
The process is very simple:
- Register an account;
- Add your domain (you want to track)
- Add your keywords
Note that the more keywords you track, the longer the time frame: that is you will be updated daily if you only add one keyword, once per two days if you have added 2 keywords and once per three days if you have added three keywords (this is both to save on our resources and your inbox):
- Add your Twitter and/or Gtalk usernames (you will then have to follow the Twitter bot to make sure he can sends you DMs and add the Google bot to friends on Gtalk):
Now just sit back and watch the bot update you of your Google ranking changed:
You can also login any time to watch the progress via our handy Google-powered chart:
As always, looking forward to your feedback!
Latest posts by Ann Smarty (see all)
- What is the Current State with Directories? - April 29, 2013
- Get on Top of Google SERP by Optimizing for Local Search Results - February 9, 2013
- Get Tweets and Likes at Viral Content Buzz - October 12, 2012