Google Places is a free marketing tool for local businesses. The benefits of these listings include showing up in web search results and mobile search results. Updating these listings is free and available to the business 24x7x365. Not something you can easily do with the traditional yellow pages. Definitely something you need to consider beyond Google and tap into multiple local listing websites and search engines.
Here are a few guidelines and information to know about when using Google Places. Many of these guidelines apply to other local listing websites as well. Many of these points are pretty self-explanatory. Violating these guidelines and your listing can be suspended. The basic premise is that you need to present your business in the local listings as you would in the traditional world.
- Only the business owner(s) or authorized representatives may claim the local listing(s).
- Don’t pack your listing with keywords like in your business name.
- Along the same concept, do not include phone numbers or URLs in the business name.
- You cannot use PO Boxes, it has to be physical address.
- Do not provide phone numbers or web addresses that redirect consumers to other landing pages or phone numbers other than those of the actual business.
The Internet has become a good marketing tool for the local business dependent upon the local consumer for their revenue through web searches and mobile searches. Tap into the power of geo-listings as you engage in geo-marketing!
This is a guest post by Melih Oztalay of SmartFinds that provides Local Business Listing Management Services. You will find SmartFinds Internet Marketing to be of great benefit to your time resources and the low cost service may eliminate your yellow page ad costs. Let the experts of over 15 years Internet marketing experience help you use this local business marketing tool properly.
Latest posts by DST Contributor (see all)
- Survival Guide to Multilingual SEO - May 14, 2013
- Five Killer Link Bait Tips That Can Provide You With ‘Passive Marketing’ - May 11, 2013
- 5 US SEO Events to Visit to Spend a One Month Vacation with Purpose - May 9, 2013