*The guest tip was provided by Pradeep Sahu*
My excel sheet, containing list of blogs, social bookmarking sites and forums that allowed me to get dofollow backlinks, used to be a great SEO asset. Not any more. With the release of tools like open site explorer, the competitive advantage that I enjoyed because of that list has become close to zero. Any competitor can now put my website into the tool and get information about all my dofollow links within seconds.
Backlink analysis tools have been there for quite sometime. But the noise in the form of nofollow links used to make the process of backlink analysis quite time consuming and frustrating. Regaining that confusion is the objective of this simple but powerful seo strategy.
Simply create a small number of websites with themes related to your main website. Build the free backlinks to these individual sites and then link to the main website from these individual sites.
The success of the method depends upon the execution. Following are some key points to keep in mind while executing this strategy
- Do not create websites with the sole objective of building backlinks to your main website. Behaving like a link farm is the fastest way to get out of Google index. Always create websites that add value to the visitor on their own. Creating a link to your main website should be just an added benefit.
- Do not concentrate all your backlinks on a single micro site either. The idea is to confuse the competition by splitting the links across multiple websites.
- Maintain a natural link profile for the micro sites. Natural link profile will require fair share of nofollow links, anchor text variation, moderate rate of link growth among other factors.
- How much of link juice flows from the micro site to the main site depends on the total number of links on the linking page. Minimize the number of outgoing links on the homepage to get the maximum value. Please remember that it is no longer possible to preserve link juice by using the nofollow tag.
Pradeep is exploring the power of guest posting on his cna training website.
Latest posts by DST Contributor (see all)
- Survival Guide to Multilingual SEO - May 14, 2013
- Five Killer Link Bait Tips That Can Provide You With ‘Passive Marketing’ - May 11, 2013
- 5 US SEO Events to Visit to Spend a One Month Vacation with Purpose - May 9, 2013