Have you noticed a sudden drastic fall in your site’s traffic and ranking even after it is being optimized carefully? Then it is very likely that your website has been penalized by the giant search engine, Google. Google’s Panda and Penguin are algorithmic updates that punish sites which practice unethical search engine optimization (SEO) techniques including spun content, bad links, and spam comments, buying poor quality links, anchor links full of keywords and also taking part in different private networks to get higher ranks in popular search engines.
If you’re a webmaster, then you can be a victim of Google’s penalties even if you don’t follow the above mentioned SEO techniques. However, with some simple, ethical and right techniques, you can recover from distressed condition, in terms of you website’s ranking and be in the good grace of Google’s Panda and Penguin updates.
Panda and Penguin
Nevertheless, at the outset, you have to have a clear idea about these updates.
- Fundamentals of Panda – Whether you’re a blogger or a webmaster, you probably know that Panda deals with content. Panda penalty is imposed on spammed content. It is there to adjust content not to be spun or duplicate and to be unique. Panda is a change to Google’s ranking algorithm to lower ranking of low quality or thin sites and then return to the better quality sites ranked higher in the search engine. According to Google, it takes only duplicate and meager quality content to hold down the traffic on a site which is otherwise solid. The giant search engine recommends either removing those bad quality pages or rewriting them.
- Fundamentals of Penguin – This is a code name for an algorithm which is created to analyze links and identify the poor ones. This is aimed to decrease search engine ranks of sites which violate Google’s guidelines by using black-hat tactics for SEO. The tactics may include cloaking, keyword stuffing, following and partaking in link schemes, creating duplicate and spun content and others. Sites following these techniques lose their ranks on Google owing to Penguin.
Reasons for being penalized
Here is a comprehensive list of reasons for which your site may not get the favor of Google.
Containing duplicate, copied or spun content
Links from sites which are penalized or banned by Google
Having issues with over optimization
Having too much reciprocal linking
Being connected to bad online neighbors
Having so many optimized interlinking
Containing hidden links and texts
Having other issue that may otherwise infringe Google Webmaster Guideline
Solutions towards Panda and Penguin recovery
Google regularly updates Panda and Penguin. And, due to the updates, hundreds of thousands of websites are penalized and experience a drastic drop in their ranking. If you think that your site has also become a prey of these updates, this is high time that you work together with a good and reputed SEO company that not only helps your site getting back on its feet but also ensure better ranking on leading search engines. And for this, you can engage a trustworthy SEO company. There is no dearth of such companies, but you must check for its legitimacy and track record before you make any decision.
When it comes to get the favor of Panda and Penguin, you must adopt poor link removal solution and a good recovery plan with the help of a reputed SEO company.
Things to take care of
When talking about an effective link removal plan, you must take care of some important points. Note if the plan offered by your chosen SEO expert covers below mentioned fields.
- Studying each and every back link profile and conducting a comprehensive analysis
- Auditing the profiles and making detailed report on them
- Checking if the site is over-optimized owing to anchor text related issues
- Removal of black hat SEO techniques, poor spam techniques or any other method which may have been affecting your site
- Removing spam, spun, duplicate, badly written and poor quality content
- Filing for reconsideration in Google’s webmaster tools once 80% link removal is completed
- Checking if the bad links are removed completely
- Carrying out systematic audit of the website and recommending tasks to keep the site in complete sync with latest guidelines and algorithm updates as well
Once the removal process is complete, you sites will be automatically kept aside from being punished, banned or penalized.
Google plus link : https://plus.google.com/u/0/106825685816238038270/posts
Image Credit: penguin.