In one of my Twitter post I have mention that instead of writing 300 or 400 words let’s write two words that explains everything! “Be Real” but later on I realized that I should have to explain what exactly “Be Real” means…
Let’s start with this… Twitter is different from facebook, so in order to get success on twitter and facebook there should be different rules that apply.
In this post, we are going to take a look on how to get a sure success on twitter. I have been on twitter for more than two years now and tried different techniques, tricks and come up with a check list you need to fill in order to get success on twitter.
Let’s discuss the check list one by one.
- Everything needs time: like a girlfriend, friends and anything else, social media and especially twitter need time. You need to be active on your account, post tweets from time to time and present yourself as an attractive and real person.
- Are you Spammer? Ask yourself this question before posting any tweet; keep the basic formula in mind ‘be real’ and post any tweet. Remember, People don’t like spam.
- Target and follow your niche audience: This is the very basic; you cannot go with everything at a time. Define your niche and follow your targeted people from there.
- Interaction is the key: Real people interact, communicate and discuss, in order to get noticed try to interact more with the people.
- Regularity: you go to office every day; you meet with your friends from time to time you offend go to your home to meet with your family, same goes for twitter you need to be regular with postings, tweets and interactions, also try to post tweets in the peak times.
- Share your views: why not share your views on other blogs? This really works! Make a profile on comment luv and DisQs and connect it with the twitter profile, the more valuable your comments would be the more people will follow your profile.
- Share your emotions: In order to act real try to share your daily routine… coffee time, what you usually do in the office, may be you are having a bad day or ask for any advice; but do not come up with every single thing or this will defiantly going to affect your personal life that you may don’t want to share.
- Answer if you know: Sharing is caring, people you may following usually ask different question about different thing, may or may not be from the industry, it’s better reply only if you know the answer and this will increase your profile credibility among the followers
- Use ‘#’ in your tweets: It is a very common practice to use hash “#” with the keywords, use it properly and this will allow more twitter followers to follow your profile.
- Say Thanks: Say Thanks to the people who started to follow you. It’s always good to respond and letting them know that they are important.
Even after all the above practices you need to keep your tweets, original, lively and yet informative. One need to understand that in order to be successful on twitter you need to be real and should wait for results. Obviously these are the top ten important keys but there are several more that also can work, would like to hear more if you think anything is missing.
Moosa Hemani is the Team Lead for SEO and working for a leading IT house. He works on the client side; develops and executes the SEO strategies for clients related to different industries like real estate, contracting, Restaurants and others.