Your local business listing at Google and certainly with other geo-listing websites allows you to promote your events, new products, specials and more. You can take advantage of this very easily, once you have claimed your listing, by following the following five steps. We will use Google as our example.
1. Log into your Google account and go to Google Places through your account or by going directly to http://www.google.com/lbc
2. If you have multiple local business listings, choose the listing you want to update and click View Report.
3. Once you are in your Dashboard you will notice a box in the top right that looks like the following:
4. Click in the box and write a 160 character description of your business update.
5. Click Post and you’re done.
Your information will appear to the public in your local business listing on Google Maps. As of this writing you can only have one post and we’re sure this will change in time.
The Internet has become a good local business marketing source for the local business dependent upon the local consumer for their revenue through web searches and mobile searches. Tap into the power of geo-listings as you engage in geo-marketing!
This is a guest post by Melih Oztalay of SmartFinds that provides Local Business Listing Management Services. You will find SmartFinds Internet Marketing to be of great benefit to your time resources and the low cost service may eliminate your yellow page ad costs. Let the experts of over 15 years Internet marketing experience help you use this local business marketing tool properly.
Latest posts by DST Contributor (see all)
- Survival Guide to Multilingual SEO - May 14, 2013
- Five Killer Link Bait Tips That Can Provide You With ‘Passive Marketing’ - May 11, 2013
- 5 US SEO Events to Visit to Spend a One Month Vacation with Purpose - May 9, 2013