Reputation management is becoming a much bigger concern through local business listing (or geo-listings) than in the past. While consumers were open to use blogs, forums and other social community tools to post their experiences with a business, product or service, now consumers have the ability to post these reviews directly into a geo-listing.
Not only does this allow other consumers to read the reviews in a web search or a mobile search, but these reviews will impact your website’s search engine ranking position in the future. For example, if your search engine optimization is 100% perfect and you’re in the top 10, but you have a large percentage of negative reviews in your geo-listing, then not only could you no longer we in the top 10, but you may not show up in search results on any page.
Managing these consumer reviews is important to start now. Become an early adopter and embrace the process. Fighting the inevitable will only cause your business more problems. Here are some options with your Google Local Business Listing.
1. Keep in mind that the consumer reviews in Google come from consumers, third party providers and other reviews collected by Google around the web regarding your business.
2. If you’re concerned about a review that was submitted, click the Flag as inappropriate link found under the review, and submit a report. If the review is in violation of Google’s policies, they will remove it.
3. If the reviews are coming from third-party source, you will have to contact the third-party source to have the information changed. Once the information has been changed at the third-party source, it will be updated on Google soon after the change has been made.
4. Once you have your Google Local Business Listing displayed on your screen, under the “more” down arrow is a link to “Report A Problem”. You can use this option to submit inaccuracies or concerns about your listing to Google.
The Internet has become a good marketing source for the local business dependent upon the local consumer for their revenue through web searches and mobile searches. Tap into the power of geo-listings as you engage in geo-marketing!
This is a guest post by Melih Oztalay of SmartFinds that provides Local Business Listing Management Services. You will find SmartFinds Internet Marketing to be of great benefit to your time resources and the low cost service may eliminate your yellow page ad costs. Let the experts of over 15 years Internet marketing experience help you use this local business marketing tool properly.
Latest posts by DST Contributor (see all)
- Survival Guide to Multilingual SEO - May 14, 2013
- Five Killer Link Bait Tips That Can Provide You With ‘Passive Marketing’ - May 11, 2013
- 5 US SEO Events to Visit to Spend a One Month Vacation with Purpose - May 9, 2013