There is one trick I use to find listings in Google and Yahoo SERPs based on any chosen criteria:
- (optional) Set Google / Yahoo to show 100 results per page;
- Use SEOquake FireFox plugin to integrate a wealth old important data right within the SERPs;
- Sort results based on any (!) of the chosen criteria.
Here are some tips when you might find this trick useful:
- Search for youngest (and already successful!) competitors;
- Find most link-to pages (think about SITE: operator for site diagnostics);
- Find pages with highest / lowest Google PR;
- Identify listing with most powerful (linked-to) domains;
- Find pages popular at Digg or Delicious,
- You name it!