Twitter is a micro-blogging platform, which is used by millions of users to read and send text-based messages of up to 140 characters, also known as ‘tweets’. It’s like steady flow of communication that is at our whim. It helps to gain knowledge and information and spread our ideas. For most of the people, it’s just another social networking site with different concept but they don’t realize it has far more benefits especially for the business persons.
You can use it to grow your business by increasing contacts and also getting your consumers attention. Here are some useful tips: -
- Make a decent account with proper photo and relevant information. Make your profile page as informative and as good as possible. This is the page that everyone sees before they start following you. You can create good impression here. It should be something different from others which catches other’s attention easily and helps to promote your product.
- Don’t do anything in haste. Don’t start following every other person so that they also start following you. It doesn’t always work and also you want to get attention only of important persons.
- Share important links and information which promotes your product and take feedback to know the ground situation. These feedbacks can be used to know what customer wants and what you need to improve upon.
- Be active and consistent on the twitter. Converse with people on one-to-one basis. It creates long lasting relationship. You also don’t want to miss some important tweaks and information. And there are many people competing for attention so you don’t want to lose.
- Being regular doesn’t mean tweeting anything. You should maintain some standard and quality. People remember you only by your tweets. Don’t always tweet about your business as it may bore your followers.
- Twitter has many tools which are advisable to use instead of default twitter interface as it doesn’t offer many features. Tools like Hootsuite you can schedule your posts to appear whenever you want.
- You should be patient and wait for right time. It’s not good to start talking about your business straightway without making any bonding with that person. It creates impression that you are after the money and not interpersonal relationship. This way you can lose very important persons for your business. Introduce your product slowly and at the right time.
- Most important of all is monitoring yourself. You should not get carried away too much in other social activities. You should sit and think on the questions like is it worth giving this much time and resources? Are you really benefitting from it? Can you get better result than this from doing something else?
Competition is huge and consumers are limited. You need to do something different and better to win this. It’s not an easy task. Twitter is just one helping hand in it. But it can be very effective for your business success if used appropriately.
Image Credit: 1.
Latest posts by DST Contributor (see all)
- Survival Guide to Multilingual SEO - May 14, 2013
- Five Killer Link Bait Tips That Can Provide You With ‘Passive Marketing’ - May 11, 2013
- 5 US SEO Events to Visit to Spend a One Month Vacation with Purpose - May 9, 2013