Reputation Management is one of the fastest growing concerns on the web. It’s not only something companies are worrying about but also individuals. These days it takes a person under two seconds to quickly look up your brand (or personal brand) and find out what you have been up to on the internet. So when it comes to link building you want to make sure you keep your reputation in mind. Obtaining links in a shady manner can easily damage your reputation severely.
This great post on Search Engine Journal by Kristi Hines, really hits on some of the key aspects to keep in mind when link building:
How to Keep Your Reputation
So what are some ways you can prevent getting a bad rep while link building? These are just a few simple suggestions…
- Don’t bulk spam!
- Don’t place your link on sites that get heavily spammed.
- Personalize every link request and make sure the link you are requesting fits the site.
- Read blog posts and make valuable blog comments.
Latest posts by Loren Baker (see all)
- Can Link Building Give Your Company A Bad Online Rep? - August 23, 2010
- BlueGlass Interactive Launches SecondStep Enterprise SEO Platform - August 17, 2010
- What Affiliate Marketing Software is Best for You? - June 24, 2010