Online business people and marketers know the importance of Search Engine especially Google in their life. I hope everyone have noticed the changes Google bring in his organic search results couple of weeks back and if you don’t let me give you a quick one line overview of that, Google now started to show places results in search engine that means if your business is not registered in Google places you might be losing some serious leads for your business!
As Google is focusing more and more on local listings it is highly advisable to register yourself to Google places and other yellow pages and local directories.
How to Register on Google Locals/Places?
It’s easy but you have to be careful on every single step.
- Go to http://maps.google.com/ and click on put your business on Google Maps
- In the next window set your country and local phone no. in case of duplicate phone no. Google will indicate you that your business listing is already available.
- Once you provide the local business phone no. now it’s the time to provide the basic information about your business like: Business name, Country, Address, Local phone no. and zip code, business description, email address and website address. (provide as much information as you can about your business so that people online can find you online and contact you easily)
- Select the categories wisely (choose the categories suggested by Google places)
- Select the locations and areas where your services are available.
- Tell more about the business like Opening hours, Payment Options and other additional details that you might think are important.
- Add Photos and Videos for your business.
Also, add your business on other Maps/Yellow pages and local websites like:
- Yahoo Local
- Bing Maps
The above mention sites allow local business to put their listings in their directory and by this you not only get local leads and clients but this also helps you attain top 10 rankings in search engine from your desired key phrases.
It might take a bit of the time to get your listing live but once live work on it and get positive reviews from your clients and solve client’s problem (if any). Your strong local connections and reviews on your business listings can bring massive leads and better search engine rankings.
So if you can do this of your own, perfect! or hire someone to do this for you, also if you have small business clients you should recommend them to list their business on local maps and directories to get maximum out of the online market.
Your opinions and suggestions are always welcome
Moosa Hemani is the Team Lead for SEO and working for a leading IT house. He works on the client side; develops and executes the SEO strategies for clients related to different industries like real estate, contracting, Restaurants and others.
Latest posts by DST Contributor (see all)
- Survival Guide to Multilingual SEO - May 14, 2013
- Five Killer Link Bait Tips That Can Provide You With ‘Passive Marketing’ - May 11, 2013
- 5 US SEO Events to Visit to Spend a One Month Vacation with Purpose - May 9, 2013