During the past year in the social media network Twitter is emerged as one of the good competition to popular sites like Facebook. It is succeeded in making its own niche and gained its own millions of users. Twitter had that potential in it which a social media user look for. It has all like instant messaging, social networking and all other micro blogging features which other sites have. It caters to both the group of online users i.e. the general who uses the site for communication and for businesses to gain online promotion.
Twitter has managed to gain popularity among different type of users like professional marketers, business professionals and bloggers. It gives opportunity to promote businesses, brands, products and services online and target the relevant and general traffic both and on personal front it helps people to stay connected with their family, friends with their instant messaging service.
Let’s revive few reasons which can compel anyone to join Twitter and how it is valuable to all.
1. Twitter helps to make connections: Like other popular social networking sites, Twitter also helps you to stay connected with your family and friends. Even business stay connected with their cross country clients and customers. You can tweet about latest development in your business and let others know about others. Your friends tweets help you stay updated what all is happening all around.
For the new users, twitters find people feature on profile page helps to find friends, and other people to whom you want to follow. Search by location is also an available option.
2. Get the latest information on time: Many business people like to get real time information. Like you have declared a sale in your online store, so they want to tweet about that. So this type of information is more useful and interesting than an outdated one.
3. 140 characters Tweet: Brief but specific messages can be conveyed with 140 characters tweet. Twitter allows users to communicate informally with the tweets. Due to short length readers find it conciseness in that. Tweeting is easy to learn and easy to read. Posts can be updated from the pc and from the mobile phones also. Twitter is one of the rapid responses communication tool available in social networking sites.
4. Re-tweeting Feature: Re-tweet feature allows you to share the news with the twitter community. Tweeting about your blog, then who find your tweet interesting re tweet it, by this you can grow your network of followers.
5. Find the Targeted Traffic: Social networking gives us the opportunity to find such kind if people who are interested in the business we do, service or product we sell.
Following twitter tools will help you to grow your network. Just select the one you want to use.
- TweepSearch: With this tool one can perform a specific search among the list of people following you on twitter.
- Twellow: Twellow tool helps you to find people related to your industry or business. This helps you to find those people whom you choose to follow.
- Twitter Local: This tool will help you to get updates from the people based on their geographic location.
- Twitter Search: Twitter Search is similar to the Google search. When you search for a particular term, the search results list all the tweets which have that particular term in them. Hashtags helps in making your search more specific. It will display all the tweets including that tag.
6. Use as a Promotion Tool: If you want to promote your blog, twitter can help you in doing that. Whenever you make a blog post, make a tweet about it leaving a link of it in it. Such tweets help in bringing more followers.
This gives you opportunity to explore new blogs available on twitter. Discover about new blog authors and add them to your feed reader. In Twitter you can ask your followers to vote your submissions at Digg, and other sites. You can cast your vote for other blogs also which you find interesting.
About Guest Author: Kelly Jones writes for www.ocnissanirvine.com. She writes for blogs as a hobby and enjoys exploring new avenues in the social sphere.