This question is being asked so often that I just decided to go ahead and write a post about that:
- You notice Google report a 404 page on your site;
- You go to your site and fix the error (delete the link to the non-existent page or just fix the broken URL);
- Your Google Webmaster Tools account is still reporting the error
- Is there any way to tell Google the error is fixed?
Currently, the only question to this question is “No”. Just make sure the issue is fixed and give it some time.
So just don’t waste your time trying to force Google to double-check: the error will be removed once Google revisits you site, re-crawls the link and updates the Webmaster Tools account information.
Latest posts by Ann Smarty (see all)
- What is the Current State with Directories? - April 29, 2013
- Get on Top of Google SERP by Optimizing for Local Search Results - February 9, 2013
- Get Tweets and Likes at Viral Content Buzz - October 12, 2012