One of the key elements in maintaining a successful E-commerce jewelry store is to conduct great customer service and manage your online reputation correctly.
Even if you are just starting out with your own Etsy or EBay store page, you need to conduct yourself professionally, come up with a careful list of terms and conditions, make sure your reaction time to customer queries and complaints is lighting quick and try to accumulate as many positive online reviews as possible.
Let’s take a look at a few of the simple things you can do to improve your E-commerce jewelry store’s customer service and receive positive reviews right from the start.
Being Clear with your Product Descriptions, Photos and Terms and Conditions
Clarity is very important if you want to avoid complaints and misunderstandings.
- Make sure your product descriptions are concise and accurate. Don’t exaggerate with your descriptions or describe the product in any way that may be considered as inaccurate. Exaggerations and misrepresentations will always come back to haunt you and may result in negative reviews.
- Product photos should be clear and represent the product accurately. Don’t make the mistake of uploading images that are made to look better by using Photoshop like software. What the customer sees in your product photo should look exactly like the product she will receive when she opens the box.
- Make sure that you include terms and conditions for each product. The terms and conditions should be featured clearly and include the following: postage shipping and handling fees, international delivery options, what happens in case of damage and insurance options, customer dissatisfaction, returns, shipping discounts for multiple product purchase.
Take some time to think about your terms and conditions. Remember that they will be crucial in coming up with solutions for possible customer service and care issues.
Customer Service and Reputation Management
Here are some guidelines that will help you with your customer service and reputation management:
- Refer customers to the terms and conditions section of their purchased product page. If you were detailed enough, this should cover most of the customer service issues that may arise.
- Try to compromise with customers even if they don’t have a valid case according to the terms and conditions section. Positive reviews are worth their weight in gold and therefore it is better for you to compromise and receive a five star review than insist on being ‘right’ and receive a negative review that may hurt future business.
- Don’t let your customers wait. Answer each and every question, clarification request or complaint as quickly as possible. When you reply within the hour, you improve your chances of making a sale considerably and reduce your chances of receiving a negative review. Even if you don’t have an answer, reply immediately to acknowledge the fact that you received the customer query and will get back to her shortly.
- Don’t afraid to gently remind your customers to give you a positive review. If you provided good customer service, most people will be happy to spend two minutes of their time to share their satisfaction with other potential customers.