No matter how awesome content on your blog is, how properly SEOed your site may be or how much work you put into promoting it, one day all your efforts may fall short all at once because your WordPress-run blog has been hacked. What may follow is quite a depressining time actually:
- Your website might lose credibility and trust;
- Google may put that “This site may harm your computer” notice on your site SERPs listings which affects your clickthrough as well as reputation;
- Important data may get lost;
- It may take quite a long time to get everything in order (cleaning your site and filing a “malware review” and waiting for Google to figure everything out).
Anyway, it is absolutely clear that it is better to stay away from that negative experience even if you hope that won’t ever happen to your site. So let’s share our favorite tips to secure our WordPress blogs, shall we?
I’ll start and please share your tips in the comments!
- WordPress Exploit Scanner Helps Administrators Scan Their Database For Malicious Files;
- A very thorough WordPress security guide;
- 20+ Powerful WordPress Security Plugins and Some Tips and Tricks
So would you share your favorite WordPress security guides, plugins and tips?