Today’s SEO tip is very short but it is a really good reminder for us, SEOs, that website success is not primarily about search bots – make it for people in the first place.
The SEO tip is provided by Scott of Usable.co.nz
Make your website as easy-to-use as possible for humans.
- use a simple navigation menu located in a conventional position (e.g. top left);
- avoid jargon except when you know your audience will understand it;
- be concise!
- provide an RSS feed by reader *and* email subscription; some humans dislike readers;
- note that the optimal unordered list size is 5 items before the average brain leaks memory.
Any more quick tips to improve site usabiluty (+SEO)? Please share them in the comments!
Have an SEO tip to share and get recoginition? Submit your SEO tip!
Latest posts by Ann Smarty (see all)
- What is the Current State with Directories? - April 29, 2013
- Get on Top of Google SERP by Optimizing for Local Search Results - February 9, 2013
- Get Tweets and Likes at Viral Content Buzz - October 12, 2012