It may be not a frequent situation but it may happen so that you need to remove a page from Google SERPs really fast. What’s the best way to do that?
- Exclude the page in Robots.txt + remove the pages using the URL removal tool in Webmaster Tools.
- Return 410 status code for the page (to show the page is gone for ever);
Don’t do this:
- Don’t exclude the page in Robots.txt and add Noindex meta tag (the meta tag won’t be seen because Google bot will be disallowed to enter the page to see it).
See the further discussion here.
What are your thoughts?
Latest posts by Ann Smarty (see all)
- What is the Current State with Directories? - April 29, 2013
- Get on Top of Google SERP by Optimizing for Local Search Results - February 9, 2013
- Get Tweets and Likes at Viral Content Buzz - October 12, 2012